Tuesday 5 March 2013

Travel: Victoria, BC









After losing Charlie just over a week ago, Kevin and I needed some time away for a bit of a break from our thoughts.

We decided to take the ferry trip to Victoria, BC and make a long weekend of it. We hadn't been back since 2003, and boy, has the city changed!

It still has its old-town charm but with a much younger character than we remembered! Block after block of local coffee roasters, craft beer microbreweries and amazing new restaurants, the city has become a definite food haven. And you can't help but get lost in some of those views.

This trip was exactly what we needed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mélanie! I was actually in Vancouver and Victoria over New Year's...so it's fun to see your photos. I'm glad that you had a much-needed break, and so jealous that you saw seals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely weekend, Michelle. Exactly what we needed. I could have taken one of those seals home with me. I have such a soft spot for animals. =)

    ReplyDelete